- Download Coursera for PC and Play Online on Computer (Windows Tutorial)
- Download Flipkart for PC – Windows Installation Guide
- Download Action Spirit for PC and Play Online on Computer
- Download Android Apps & Games from Google Play Store to PC [How to]
- Opera Mini for PC Download available for Windows Computer
(Review) Set Up WiFi Router on Windows
Today we are again here with new How-To type of article on Setup WiFi Router on Windows 7/8 PC.These days we all have smartphones or mobile phones or laptops in our home which are capable of accessing web/internet via WiFi network. WiFi network allows devices to connect to internet wireless. Lets find out more on configure WiFi Router on Windows Computer
Also Read : How to Speed Up Windows 8 OS?
You must be having Ethernet internet connection in your home that you’re using on your PC or laptop but now you’ve bought a new WiFi router so that you can setup Wi-Fi connection using which you’ll be accessing internet on your mobile devices.
Now coming to the operating system you using on your PC or laptop, you must be using either Windows 7 or Windows 8, right? I’m talking about these two operating systems only because people around the world mostly use them. So I’m sharing an easy tutorial on how to setup WiFi router on your Windows 7/8 PC.
Windows 8 is almost identical to that of Windows 7. The only difference is at the start menu/desktop which is replaced by new Metro look. So the method I’m sharing below will work on both. You may find very minor changes in the options while using Windows 8.
How to Setup WiFi Router on Windows 7/8 Computer?
Follow these simple steps to setup WiFi router on your Windows 7/8 PC.
You’ve purchased router which must be having a software CD/DVD inside its box. Insert that disc into the optical drive of your PC and install the software. If software asks for upgrade then do that so that you get latest available software.
Once the software is installed then it will run automatically. Now you need to follow screen instructions to setup WiFi router. It will ask you to do setting up related stuff one by one. Make sure you didn’t miss any step.
This is the simplest way to setup WiFi router on Windows Operating System. Make sure the router is plugin for power supply and the Ethernet cable is attached properly.
Method #2 to Configure WiFi Router
Since your router is compatible with Windows 7 and Windows 8, most of the steps will be done automatically. This is because the setup will be done by Windows Connect Now (WCN) tool.
- Start the router by adding it to power source. Open the network options by using any icon available at the notification area on your PC.
- All available networks will be shortly there in front of you. You can choose the default option which will connect your PC to your router. Now you need to follow few more instructions and once they are over you’ve successfully setup WiFi router on your PC.
setup wifi router
Note – Make sure you’re always using user name and password so that no one without your permission can connect to your WiFi connection.
So folks, I hope you enjoyed this tutorial on how to configure or setup WiFi router on Windows 7/8 OS PC. If you have any issue then please do comment here.