Today we are going to cover on how to easily block Ads on Google Chrome using Add-on as well as blocking advertisements on Firefox with extensions.
Internet is one of the biggest and ever growing industries on this planet now and advertisements are all here to let advertisers and publishers earn money.
Earlier it was only the Internet Explorer which was available as the web browser but now we got Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Both these web browsers are doing well and practically Internet Explorer is no where now.
Also Read : Top 10 Internet Browser of 2012
Why you need to Block Advertisements in Browser?
The major reason behind the popularity of the Chrome and Firefox is that both these web browsers come with a wide collection of add-ons or extensions. These extensions can be used to further customize your browser.
There are people who don’t want to see advertisements at all, at least on the internet. For those people I got a tutorial here using which they will be able to block ads in Google Chrome & Firefox.
Yes, it is possible to block ads in Google Chrome & Firefox and the trick used to do this doesn’t require you to have a good technical knowledge. All you need to do is follow the steps and the ads will be blocked.
Also Read : How to Speed Up Windows 8 Easily?
How to Block Ads in Google Chrome using Add-on?
So here I start with the tutorial on how to block ads in Google Chrome.
- Start Google Chrome and click on the menu button which is there at the top right most corner.
- Now select “Extensions” under the “Tools” and then click on the “Get more extensions” link which is there at the bottom.
- Now search on the extension store for “AdBlock”.
- Once you find it then click on “Add to Chrome” button and within few seconds it will be installed on your Chrome.
- A prompt will appear, click on “Add” button to finalize the installation.
That’s it! Isn’t it simple?
This is how ads can be blocked in Google Chrome.
This is not the only extension available in the Chrome store to block ads. There are few other extensions available too like AdBlock Plus and Simple Adblock.
Method of installing any other extension will also be the same as you did with the AdBlock.
So, this was for the Chrome users now I start the tutorial to block ads in Firefox.
How to Block Ads in Firefox using Extension?
Follow these simple steps to block ads in Firefox.
- Start the Firefox and click on “Ad-ons” from the Menu at the top left corner.
- Search for the “Adblock” term there and there you’ll find lots of add-ons available.
- You will find Adblock Plus on the top, click on the “Install” in front of that.
- Now it will start downloading and once it gets downloaded completely then a new page will open that will tell you that Adblock Plus has been installed and now you’ll not see ads on your browser.
That’s it! These were the steps you need to install this add-on.
You can try using Adblock Edge also which will also perform the same function. So I hope you can now easily block ads on your Google Chrome as well as Firefox Browser. Also if you faced any issue with the tutorial in this post and if you are not able to block advertisements in Chrome or Firefox then feel free to contact us directly or post comment here. We are always here to help out people.