Android 4.3 is not officially out till now but if you can install it on your Samsung Galaxy S4. Right now the firmware we have is only supporting the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 so if you own this device then you can surely try it. Here is the tutorial (simplest) on how to install Android 4.3 on Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 (Jelly Bean ROM).
You must be worrying about the firmware we have here that it may not be working completely but let me tell you that the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM is working completely on the Galaxy S4 but try only if your device is of this version, the GT-I9505. Rests of the versions are yet to receive this update.
You can also buy the official stock version of Galaxy S4 from GooglePlay store to get the latest official working Android 4.3 device.
- Use Smart Scroll On Samsung Galaxy S4
- Enable Samsung Galaxy S4 USB Debugging
- Connect Samsung Galaxy S4 To PC
Anyway, here I start with the tutorial but before that you need to check on few requirements. Don’t ignore any thing that I’m writing before the installation process otherwise you may get your device into ‘not working’ condition.
Requirements before Installing Android 4.3 on Galaxy S4 GT-I9505
- Create the complete backup of all the data stored on your device because the method will erase your data. Also take backup of data stored on the SD card.
- Recharge the battery of your device at least up to 60% before starting with the process.
- Also enable the USB debugging mode which is there in the development settings of your Galaxy S4 GT-I9505.
- Download and install the Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 official USB drivers on your PC or laptop.
- The method here will not work with ODIN so don’t even try to do that.
- This will void the warranty terms and conditions of your device. So do it at your own risk.
- Make sure you’ve all your data backup.
Steps to Install Android 4.3 on Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 (Jelly Bean ROM)
Hey guys, here I start with the steps. Follow each of them properly.
- Download the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM [Link Removed for Now] on your PC.
- Now connect your Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 with your PC using USB cable and transfer the downloaded ROM to the SD card of your Galaxy S4.
- Now first turn off your device and start it again by pressing Volume up, Home and Power buttons together. This is how you’ll get into the recovery menu.
- Now do the Wipe/Factory reset so that it clears the internal storage of your device.
- Now move on to the downloaded package stored on the SD card and select that to flash that on your device.
- Restart the device after that ROM has successfully flashed on your device.
That’s it! Now you can enjoy using the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM on your Galaxy S4 device.
Don’t forget to share the tutorial with your friends over Facebook, Twitter and Google+. If you got any problem then mention it in the comment below and I’ll sort it out.