- How to Download Colony Attack for Windows PC – Play Online on Computer
- Download Clash of Lords 2 for PC Windows Computer Free
- How to Download Artillery Strike for PC (Windows Computer)
- How to Download Three Kingdoms Defense 2 for PC – Windows Computer
- How to Install Windows 8 from USB Pen Drive (Bootable)
You’re playing counter strike on your Windows PC or doing any other productive work or surfing the internet and suddenly a message flashes saying that “Windows Explorer has stopped working”.
This is a common problem in Windows PC particularly in Windows 7/XP and Vista. Microsoft continuously releases updates for each of these OS and users who don’t install these important updates gets prone to such errors mostly. The one very common error is this one, Windows explorer has stopped working.
As you’re here so you must have faced this problem and now you’re looking for best possible solutions. I’m here with the simple guide on how to fix Windows explorer has stopped working error on Windows 7/XP/Vista.
Must Check – Windows 8 Start Button Download
Causes of “Windows explorer has stopped working problem”
According to the Microsoft and as per best of my knowledge, this error comes because of following issues,
- Presence of some virus of malware on your PC.
- The video driver or any other related driver is either corrupted or outdated.
- A particular software may be the cause.
Must Check – IrfanView for Mac & Windows Download
Windows Explorer has stopped working fix for Windows 7/XP/Vista
I’m mentioning down here the best possible fixes for the issue. Make sure you follow one by one and if you still face the problem then move onto the next fix. So go step by step.
Scan for Virus or malware with an updated and licensed Antivirus
It is always mandatory to keep an antivirus installed and updated on your Windows PC so that no virus or malware can enter and ruin your perfect PC life. If you don’t have antivirus installed then install one and if its outdated then first update it with latest version and then scan your complete PC. If the problem was due to virus or malware then the antivirus will remove any of them and the issue will be over.
Update the video driver
Go to control panel and there you’ll find link to get latest Windows updates. This is where you can get if there is any update available for the video driver of your PC. If it is available then install it soon and if there are some other updates available then install them too.
Installing latest updates is always good as Microsoft closes security holes from the OS and it makes your PC further secured.
Must Check – Best Android Emulator for Windows
Check files with System File Checker (CFS)
It’s a tool available on your OS that will not only check and find the errors and issues but also fix them, just make sure that you insert the original Windows CD/DVD when asked by the CFS so that it fixes the found issue in any particular file.
- Search for CMD in the search bar in start menu and once it’s found then choose “Run as administrator” from the right click menu.
- When prompt, choose continue and if it ask for the password then enter the password combination for admin ID.
- Now type “scannow” or “Sfc” and hit enter.
Now wait till the CFS asks for the CD/DVD and when it ask then insert the appropriate one.
Few more options
After trying above three methods, if you still face the issue then you either check for any untrusted software or application that had been installed recently on your PC or restore back to any System Restore point.
So guys, this was the guide to get Windows explorer has stopped working fix for Windows 7/XP/Vista. Hope you get this problem solved. Don’t forget to share the guide with your friends over Facebook, Twitter and Google+.