Many users consider Yahoo Toolbar a virus. However, this definition is not accurate, as Yahoo is a reliable company with excellent reputation and long history. Yet it is sometimes quite difficult to uninstall Yahoo Toolbar, and it creates a lot of stress for users who prefer their good old browser’s settings rather than the toolbar that is installed onto their computer without their consent.
Yahoo Toolbar installs itself into the user’s browser and sets Yahoo as a default search engine; it also makes possible to add shortcuts to social networks, weather forecasts, financial overviews, email box, etc. So, as you can see, Yahoo Toolbar can be useful and even quite convenient, but what if you’ve installed it accidentally, together with freeware downloaded from one of software portals offering free programs? It is not a secret that many of such portals offer to use their own Download Clients in order to monetize their websites, and these download clients often contain add-ons, such as toolbars. One more annoying thing about toolbars is that they add their own advertising links to search results.
In order to get rid of Yahoo Toolbar, please follow the simple steps below.
Deleting with the help of Control Panel:
- In order to proceed with uninstalling Yahoo Toolbar, press ‘Start’ and go to Control Panel. If you are using Windows 8, and not Windows 7/XP, put the cursor of the mouse to the upper right corner, select ‘Search’ from the list of options, and type ‘Control Panel’ in the search bar. Double-click on control panel once Windows finds it.
- When Control Panel is open, go to Programs and select the Uninstall Program option. If you are using a classical type of control panel, click on Programs and Features icon.
- Once you get a screen of deleting programs, scroll down the list of installed programs and delete Yahoo Toolbar and any other program you know you did not install (since Yahoo Toolbar can have different names in the list of installed programs, depending on what program you installed it with).
Also read – UC Browser Free Download for PC, Android, iOS
Deleting Yahoo Toolbar from your browser:
If you use Internet Explorer:
- Click on the Gear Icon at the top right corner of your browser, and select Internet Options.
- Select the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Inside the window that opens, select the check-box Delete Personal Settings, after which press Reset.
- Once deleting your personal settings is complete, press the Close button and restart your browser.
If you use Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on the orange Firefox button in the upper left corner of the browser.
- Find the ‘Information’ tab in the menu (normally marked with a sign of a question mark), and from the dropdown menu select ‘Troubleshooting information’.
- In the upper right corner, press the button ‘Reset Firefox’.
[img src="Yahoo-toolbar-Mozilla Firefox.png"]
Read: SHAREit for PC
If you use Google Chrome:
- Select the ‘Menu’ button in your Google Chrome browser (it is located in upper right corner).
- Select Tools, then Extensions.
- Find ‘Yahoo! Toolbar for Chrome’ in the list of extensions, select it, and press the icon of a garbage bin.
- In order to change the Home Page to your default home page, go to Google Chrome menu, select Settings, and click on ‘Set pages’ in the ‘On startup’ tab. Draw your cursor to Yahoo.com, press ‘x’ (delete), and add your preferred website for the Home page of your browser.
- In order to change the default search engine, go to Google Chrome menu, find Settings, in ‘Search’ section click on ‘Manage Search Engines’, delete Yahoo and add your preferred domain. Press the ‘Make default’ button. Press the ‘Accept’ button in the right bottom corner and close Google Chrome settings.
Restart your computer – now Yahoo Toolbar is uninstalled! Please share this guide with your friends who experience similar problems, and do not hesitate to ask questions if there are any, and we will do our best to answer them. Good luck!