TubeMate is a free app for Android mobile devices which lets you download videos from youtube for viewing offline. This is very convenient if you don’t have internet access (or it’s slow mobile connection), but want to watch your favorite youtube videos. Using the app is as simple as accessing the video that you’re interested in on the “browser” that comes integrated in the app itself and touching the green arrows that you’ll see located on the bottom part of the screen.
Officially TubeMate is available only for android platform, but you can easily install it for your PC (Windows or Mac) computer using the bluestacks android emulator. Read further to see our simple guide of how to do it. Beware of Google PlayStore TubeMate apps, as this application IS NOT AVAILABLE at Google Play Store. Anything you find on Google PlayStore with names similar to TubeMate can contain viruses, adware, or just simply not the service you want to see. Use only official download links!
Download TubeMate for PC (Windows XP/7/8, Mac)
Below you will find the full guide on how to download TubeMate for PC using Android Emulator. We are going to use BlueStacks which allows you to download and install any Android Application on your computer (Both Windows and MAC). You can use our detailed Bluestacks App Player installation guide or follow the quick steps given below:
- First of all, please download BlueStacks App Player for Windows or MAC
- After downloading it, please double click on setup file.
- Installation process will be started.
- Once its installed, open it from the shortcut key which is created on Desktop
- Now in BlueStacks App Player use Search button at the top left of the screen and install Opera mini Browser. You must do this, because default android web browser has problems with TubeMate official download link for some reason.
- Once Opera mini is installed, open it and agree to its terms and conditions. You will be presented with normal browser window.
- Copy and paste the following official TubeMate download link into Opera Mini URL bar: http://www.androidfreeware.net/download-youtube-tubemate.html
- Now click on Install – this will download the TubeMate application to your android app player.
- When the download finishes, you have to open this downloaded file (the option to open it will be presented in the download dialog), choose Install App and wait until it installs.
- You can now see short icon of the TubeMate on desktop
- Open that and start using TubeMate.
Please remember that the only purpose of TubeMate is to create a copy of downloadable online-content for the private use of the user (“fair use”). Any further use of the content transmitted by TubeMate, particularly but not exclusively making the content publicly accessible or using it commercially, must be agreed upon with the holder of the rights of the respective downloaded content. The user bears full responsibility for all actions related to the data transmitted by TubeMate. TubeMate does not grant any rights to the contents, as it only acts as a technical service provider.